Build Cloud Connectivity
Cloud Service Providers (CSPs) present a wide range of networking constructs and tools to facilitate the creation of Layer 3 underlay connectivity across VPCs/VNets. However, constructing a global cloud underlay network using these constructs remains a complex and challenging task due to the following reasons:
- Diverse Networking Constructs: Each CSP has its own unique set of networking constructs, making it necessary to have a comprehensive understanding of each construct and how they interact with one another when building a global cloud underlay network.
- Manual Configuration: Cloud administrators are required to access each CSP’s cloud console and navigate through multiple steps and tabs to attach a single VPC or VNet. This time-consuming and repetitive process must be repeated for each region and VPC/VNet that needs to be connected. Similarly, removing a VPC/VNet from the global underlay network involves following the same multi-step process.
Alternatively, organizations can bring traditional network architectures onto cloud providers as hub & spoke overlay networks. However, the dissociation of the network overlay from the diversity of the cloud platform surface area inhibits organizations from fully leveraging the agility promise of cloud compute and services.
Abstraction of cloud provider specifics/nuances coupled with orchestration of the many resources involved in securely linking together multi-platform, distributed applications.
Key benefits of Prosimo’s Visual Transit feature:
With Prosimo, you can build a consistent network architecture across different regions and cloud platforms. This ensures a unified and standardized approach to your network design, making it easier to manage and maintain.
Build Multi-Cloud Transit
1. Create Network Transit
With Cloud Account on-boarding and the deployment of regional Network Edges complete (see: Discover Networks), Prosimo enables simple, click-connect implementation of connectivity across networks, regions, and clouds.
Operators select dynamically discovered networks before orchestrating the deployment of transit across cloud route tables, transit gateways, NAT Gateways, Security Groups, and more.
See the steps to build transit in this click-through demo:
Click through a demo
2. Monitor Orchestration
Prosimo orchestrates the configuration of all cloud-native network resources between source and destination networks, ensuring secure connectivity across networks, regions and cloud providers.
During the cloud-native resource creation process, existing resources are configured, and missing elements are created and interconnected as required.
The cloud region deployed Prosimo Edge’s provide an mTLS authenticated cloud mesh to securely interconnect regions and apply intelligent “Path Selection” as needed to ensure resilience and performance.
Taming Cloud Networking Costs
Get an overview with our product leaders in support of our latest release Cost 360!
Sign up for Prosimo Lab
Cloud Network Observability
Hands-On Lab Overview:
Prosimo Hands-on Labs are live, small group, instructor-led events focussed on ensuring a safe and impactful learning experience. Interaction/Questions are encouraged.
In this lab, participants will:
- Deploy Prosimo into an existing network environment
- Discover existing networks and network resources
- Manage/Orchestrate resource connectivity across regions & clouds
- Observe and Troubleshoot network patterns & faults
- Basic understanding of Cloud Networking concepts:
- VPCs, VNETs
- Subnets, Routes
- Peering, Transit Gateways
- Load-balancers, NAT Gateways
- Ability to run Linux shell prompt commands
- Operate input devices: keyboard, mouse